Gaza war resumes
Israel has resumed pounding the Gaza strip after a temporary truce expired between the regime and Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas. Airstrikes and artillery fire have hit several locations in the strip, including in Gaza City and Khan Yunis. The strike in the southern city of Khan Yunis hit an area near Nasser hospital. The regime also fired artillery at surrounding areas of Kamal Adwan hospital in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip. The fresh attacks have killed over 30 Palestinians in total. Meanwhile, sirens have also sounded in Israeli settlements near Gaza. Earlier on Friday, Israel said it intercepted a rocket fired from Gaza as well. Still, no comment by Hamas.
‘Israel responsible for war’
The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas says Israel bears responsibility for resuming the war and aggression on Gaza. In a statement, Hamas said the Israeli regime refused its offer to release more captives and hand over the bodies of three Israelis. The movement said those Israelis had been killed in the regime’s airstrikes on Gaza. Hamas said the Israeli regime rejected all of its proposals because they had already decided to resume their attacks on the Palestinian territory. The movement pledged to thwart Israel’s goals and defeat its forces.
Thousands of Yemenis have held a pro-Palestine rally in the northern city of Sa’ada. Protesters condemned Israel’s bombardment of the Gaza Strip that has so far killed thousands of people including many women and children. They called for an immediate ceasefire and an end to the bloodshed in the besieged territory. The rally came after Hamas called for demonstrations worldwide on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in solidarity with Palestinians. Numerous demonstrations have already taken place in different parts of the world since the Gaza war broke out nearly two months ago.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: