The Yemen Petroleum Company (YPC) says the Saudi-led coalition has banned another ship carrying fuel from docking at Hudaydah port, a lifeline for millions of Yemenis.
Essam al-Mutawakel, a spokesman for the YPC, said in a tweet on Wednesday that the Saudi-led coalition seized “the third emergency fuel ship” in a bid to “tighten noose on the Yemeni people”.
He noted that the ship,dubbed “Sandas”, was carrying 32,331 tons of fuel and had been inspected and obtained United Nations clearance to enter Yemen.
That latest incident brings to four the number of fuel ships confiscated by the coalition.
تضييقاً للخناق على ابناء الشعب اليمني تحالف العدوان بقيادة أمريكا يحتجز سفينة #البنزين الإسعافية الثالثة "سندس" والتي تحمل كمية 32,331طن ويمنعها من الوصول الى ميناء #الحديدة رغم تفتيشها وحصولها على تصريح دخول من الأمم المتحدة وبذلك يرتفع عدد السفن المحتجزة الى 4 سفن نفطية. pic.twitter.com/4wtl8tWVIs— عصام المتوكل (@YPCSpokesperson) March 23, 2022
Earlier this month, the spokesman said that the Arab country was experiencing the toughest crisis since the start of the Saudi aggression and siege nearly seven years ago.
Yemen’s Minister of Oil and Minerals Ahmad Abdullah Dares has warned that the Saudi seizure of ships carrying petroleum products to Yemen could lead to the suspension of the service sectors and cause “a humanitarian catastrophe.”
Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies — including the United Arab Emirates (UAE) — launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015. The war was meant to eliminate Yemen’s popular Houthi Ansarullah movement and reinstall a former regime. The conflict, accompanied by a tight siege, has failed to reach its goals, but has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemeni people.
The Yemeni army and popular committees have intensified their retaliatory attacks against targets deep inside Saudi Arabia and the UAE in response to the Saudi siege.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: