The Israeli forces have once again raided the al-Makassed hospital in East al-Quds (Jerusalem) searching for alleged stone-throwers, Press TV reports.
Early on Monday, scores of Israeli police officers, uniformed troops, and undercover soldiers stormed the hospital claiming that they were looking for a child injured by Israeli gunfire after allegedly throwing stones at the regime forces.
According to reports, the hospital was fully surrounded before the raid and all roads leading to it were blocked.
After storming the hospital the Israelis forcefully gained access to the medical institution’s admission records searching for the child.
A legal expert, Salah Mousa, told the Press TV correspondent in East al-Quds that such raids violate international agreements and human rights conventions such as the Fourth Geneva Convention and UN Security Council resolutions.
The latest attack on the civilian hospital was not the Tel Aviv regime’s first. Over the last month, multiple such raids have been carried out on the hospital for various reasons.
“Israel does not want any Palestinian organization in al-Quds. They wish to erase the Palestinian presence in al-Quds and so they are fighting the Palestinians in their entirety. They demolish homes, take over properties, and close their organizations,” a Palestinian activist, Ahmed Ruwaidi, told the correspondent.
Tensions in the occupied Palestinian territories have dramatically escalated in recent weeks due to the Israeli regime’s imposition of restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers to the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East al-Quds in August.