News   /   Palestine

Israeli military's Nablus raids claim 2 more Palestinian lives

US Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) (L) talks with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) during a rally with fellow Democrats before voting on H.R. 1, or the People Act, on the East Steps of the US Capitol on March 08, 2019 in Washington, DC. (AFP photo)
A combo provided by the Palestinian Information Center news agency on November 23, 2022 shows two Palestinian youths, who had died of the injuries they had sustained during separate Israeli raids on Nablus in the occupied West Bank earlier in the day.

Two more Palestinians have died, succumbing to the injuries they had sustained during separate raids carried out by the Israeli military on the city of Nablus in the northern part of the Tel Aviv-occupied West Bank.

The Palestinian Information Center news agency said the fatalities were caused on Wednesday, citing the West Bank-based Palestinian Authority's health ministry.

The report identified the victims as Muhammad Hisham Muhammad Abu Kishk, 22, and Muhammad Ahmed Hassan Herzallah, 30.

"Abu Kishk was seriously injured in his abdomen when Israeli occupation forces violently stormed Nablus City amid heavy gunfire, which led to the outbreak of clashes with local residents," the report said.

Herzallah "died of injuries he [had] sustained during a similar Israeli raid into Nablus in July," it added.

Only a day earlier, Israeli forces had raided Nablus as they were escorting illegal Israeli settlers during a visit to Joseph's Tomb on the city's outskirts, killing a Palestinian teenager and wounding six others.

Including the three fatalities, at least 202 Palestinians have been killed as a result of the Israeli regime's deadly aggression throughout the West Bank and the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the year. The number includes 57 teenagers.

The Israeli regime occupied the Palestinian territories during a heavily Western-backed war in 1967.

Ever since it has been dotting the former territory with hundreds of illegal settlements -- which have come to house thousands of illegal settlers -- and imposing draconian restrictions on the Palestinians' freedom of movement there.

The regime withdrew from Gaza in 2005 but has been keeping the coastal sliver under an all-out land, aerial, and naval siege as well as regular deadly airstrikes.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

www.presstv.co.uk

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Press TV News Roku