These are some of the headlines we are tracking for you in this edition of Press TV's Top 5:
- The UN Security Council is set to hold an emergency meeting at Russia’s request after US-led warplanes killed scores of Syrian soldiers near the Syrian city of Deir al-Zawr.
- Russia accuses the US of helping Daesh terrorists with its deadly attacks on the Syrian army saying the Syria ceasefire agreement has been jeopardized.
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani slams governments which support the terrorists for their own political gains, calling on members of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) to get united against terrorism.
- Thousands take to the streets across Germany and in the Austrian capital to protest against free trade deals between the EU, the US and Canada.
- Colombia’s FARC rebels open a historic conference to vote on a peace deal reached with the government.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: