At least one Palestinian has been killed in an Israeli attack on a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip despite a ceasefire agreement between the regime and Gaza’s ruling resistance group Hamas.
Turkey’s Anadolu Agency reported on Sunday that one Palestinian had also been injured in Israel’s attack Al-Maghazi camp in central Gaza earlier in the day.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) said in a statement that the attack was a violation of the ceasefire agreement that came into effect in Gaza on Friday and put an end to 49 days of incessant Israeli attacks on the enclave.
“Despite the humanitarian pause taking effect, the Israeli forces has recently targeted two farmers east of Al-Maghazi refugee camp, central Gaza Strip, which led to the killing of one of them and the injury of another,” said the PRCS.
Hamas has accused Israel of violating the terms of the current ceasefire agreement by continuing its attacks on civilians while restricting the flow of humanitarian aid into Gaza.
The Israeli regime has denied the accusations.
The ceasefire has put a temporary halt on an Israeli carnage that has killed nearly 15,000 people in Gaza since early October.
The deal has also allowed Hamas to release 41 captives it took during a blitz into Israeli-occupied territories on October 7 in return for the release of some 78 Palestinians from Israeli jails.
Hamas is to welcome 39 more Palestinians returning from Israeli jails under a third stage of exchanging captives with prisoners which is expected to take place in the coming hours.
Hamas had announced late on Saturday that it was delaying the release of a second batch of captives because of Israeli violations of the terms of the ceasefire.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: