Another Palestinian youth was killed by Israeli regime forces during a military raid in the town of Ya’bad, southwest of the northern occupied West Bank city of Jenin, on Wednesday.
The slain man was identified as 22-year-old Mohammad Badarneh, who was hit with live ammunition, according to local reports.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said Badarneh was fatally shot in the chest during the military raid in Ya’bad town. He was rushed to Ibn Sina Hospital in a critical condition where he was pronounced dead.
A report in Quds News, citing local sources, said the Israeli special forces unit raided the town in the early afternoon hours and took positions on the roofs of residential houses.
It was followed by clashes between local residents and the marauding Israeli troops after they besieged the house of a former Palestinian detainee, Abdel-Ghani Herzallah, and asked him to surrender.
🟥 22-year-old Palestinian martyr, Mohammed Badarneh has been killed by occupation militants during the raid into Ya’bad town, south of the occupied West Bank city of Jenin. || Allah Yerhamo 🤲🏻 pic.twitter.com/pKiaSQMPdT— Suribelle 🚩 (@Syribelle) November 30, 2022
The West Bank city of Jenin has seen an alarming increase in violence in recent months amid frequent Israeli military raids.
At least 50 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces since the start of the year in the flashpoint city, including Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, whose killing hit headlines worldwide.
Over the past 24 hours, at least six Palestinians have been killed in Israeli military aggression.
Two young Palestinian men, identified by the official Palestinian news agency Wafa as Jawad and Dhafr Rimawi, aged 22 and 21, were killed on Tuesday during confrontations with the regime troops near the village of Kafr Ein, west of Ramallah.
Another Palestinian man identified by the Palestinian Health Ministry as Mufid Khalil was killed by Israeli soldiers during a military raid near al-Khalil.
Khalil was shot in the head, and at least eight others were injured, according to the ministry.
The health ministry said a fourth Palestinian died after being shot in the chest by Israeli soldiers on Tuesday during clashes north of Ramallah. Wafa named the victim Raed Ghazi al-Naasan.
Also on Tuesday, Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian over an alleged car-ramming attack near the Kochav Yaakov illegal settlement outside occupied East al-Quds.
The Palestinian Health Ministry confirms death of a Palestinian man in clashes with Israeli forces in the village Ya’bad, near Jenin. He is the 6th Palestinian killed since yesterday in clashes with Israeli forces, including the terrorist who carried a car ramming attack. pic.twitter.com/PeyDP76eyn— Ariel Oseran (@ariel_oseran) November 30, 2022
It has been one of the bloodiest days in months of violence in the occupied West Bank.
The spree of killings comes as Israeli forces have been conducting raids in the northern occupied West Bank cities of Jenin and Nablus, where Palestinian resistance fighters have formed new groups.
Earlier in the day, marking the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, local and international organizations called on the world community to step up its efforts to end Israeli apartheid and allow Palestinians to return back to their ancient homes.
In a statement marking, the Palestinian Return Center (PRC) said that the annual commemoration comes amid alarming heightened Israeli aggression against Palestinians.
“Escalating Israeli crimes include mass collective punishment, mass demolitions, ethnic cleansing, settler attacks, and ongoing campaigns to criminalize any form of solidarity with Palestine must come to an end,” the statement noted.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: