Deputy Chairman of the Executive Council of Hezbollah, Sheikh Nabil Qaouk, has confirmed that the resistance (of Lebanon) is the biggest obstacle to projects of normalization with the Israeli apartheid regime, noting that it is Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu who must fear the resistance, not the other way around.
He said that the Israeli regime’s declaration that it is not ready to confront Hezbollah in Lebanon is “an achievement for the resistance.”
However, he noted that, “The enemy's inability to confront Hezbollah has prompted the enemies of Lebanon to bet on creating chaos inside Lebanon.”
Commenting on the status quo in Lebanon and the need for a strong president who can confront hurdles facing the Arab country, he explained, “The country is in a state of chaos, and what is required is to elect a president whose priority is to save the country from the worst and from total collapse.”
Israel launched two wars against Lebanon in the 2000s. In both cases, it was forced to retreat after suffering a humiliating defeat at the hands of Hezbollah. Also recently in October, Israeli officials said that the regime was forced to kneel in front of Hezbollah after signing a maritime borders deal that would demarcate Lebanon’s southern maritime border and allow it to extract its oil and natural gas.
Around the same time, Israeli media said that the deal strengthens Hezbollah’s position on the domestic level, stressing that Hezbollah has once again proven that it can achieve its political and strategic goals in Lebanon and the region thanks to its military strength that cannot be weakened.
‘Palestinians will not allow desecration of al-Aqsa’
On a separate note, the preacher of the al-Aqsa Mosque, Sheikh Ekrima Sabri said that the Palestinian people will not allow Israeli settlers to desecrate al-Aqsa mosque.
He condemned the statements of head of the extremist Otzma Yehudit party, Itamar Ben-Gvir, labeling them as “racist and unacceptable”.
Ben-Gvir, who is set to become Israel's security minister, pledged to change the status quo at the al-Aqsa Mosque. He also vowed to change the instructions of firing at Palestinians and legalizing illegal settlement outposts in the West Bank.
Sheikh Sabri held Israel responsible for Ben-Gvir’s statements. He pointed out that his threats would lead to escalating Israeli attacks against Muslims at the al-Aqsa Mosque.
“The Palestinian people will continue defending the al-Aqsa Mosque against any violation,” he said, noting that they will confront the Israeli illegal settlers’ provocative attacks at the holy site.
Earlier on Monday morning, hordes of Jewish settlers broke into the al-Aqsa Mosque under tight protection of Israeli forces, while Arab citizens in the 1948 Occupied Palestine intensified their presence at the holy site to protect it against the settlers’ desecration.
Extremist settler groups plan to launch massive raids into the al-Aqsa Mosque on the 18th of December to celebrate the so-called holiday of Hanukkah.