The Yemeni army and the fighters from the Popular Committees have released new videos of a major operation carried out on May 28 against Saudi forces and Riyadh’s mercenaries.
Yemen’s Arabic-language al-Masirah television, quoting military sources, reported on Monday that in the operation sensitive targets across the three strategic mountainous areas of Jabal al-Dud, al-Ramih and Jahfan in the southern Saudi region of Jizan had been hit.
More than 70 mercenaries were killed, the report said. At least 32 armored vehicles were also damaged.
The Yemeni forces managed to take full control of dozens of sites in the Saudi region after the mercenaries, who included Sudanese forces, were pushed back, the report said.
The retreat of the mercenaries made the Saudi air force fly warplanes over the areas, where airstrikes inflicted heavy damage upon own military equipment.
Al-Masirah published a full account of the operations on Monday.
Hailing the recent achievements in southwestern Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Ali al-Houthi, a member of Yemen's Supreme Political Council, announced the Yemeni side's readiness to exchange the bodies of those killed during the operations with Saudi Arabia.
Yemenis have stepped up attacks on Saudi Arabia in recent months, saying the retaliatory operations will continue as long as Riyadh carries on with its bombardment and blockade.
Saudi Arabia, backed by the United States and other regional allies, launched the devastating war on Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing a pro-Riyadh government back to power.
The Saudi-led campaign has left hundreds of thousands of Yemenis dead, and displaced millions of people.
The war has also destroyed Yemen's infrastructure and spread famine and infectious diseases across the country.