These are some of the headlines we are tracking for you in this edition of Press TV's Top 5:
- Saudi Arabia threatens to resort to force to remove Syrian president Bashar al-Assad as Iran says only Syrians can and should decide the future of their country.
- Multiple bomb explosions in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, kill nearly 80 people and injure over 100 others. Daesh claims responsibility for one of the attacks.
- The US Senate passes legislation that would allow the families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia. The White House says it strongly opposes the legislation.
- Police in the French capital Paris fired tear gas at demonstrators who’d staged yet another rally in protest against the government’s proposed labor reforms.
- In Venezuela, an opposition leader calls on the army to choose between the Constitution and President Nicolas Maduro, urging the nation to defy a government-announced emergency state.