These are some of the headlines we are tracking for you in this edition of Press TV's Top 5:
- Israel has slapped administrative detention orders on 84 Palestinians in the past ten days. Under the controversial procedure, prisoners can be held indefinitely without charge.
- Russia says Turkey’s military buildup on the border and the shelling of Syrian territory could jeopardize the ceasefire and peace process in that country.
- A platform endorsing freedom of thought in Turkey says the policies of President Erdogan spell disaster for the country.
- In Nigeria, Muslims accuse the government of violating the law, by keeping their leader and many of his followers in detention without charge for months.
- An Egyptian court sentences four political activists to jail for possessing leaflets that called for the regime's overthrow.