Saudi warplanes have bombed a Yemeni residential area, killing 12 people and injuring 39 others in the city of Yarim in Ibb Province.
According to the al-Masirah news channel on Monday, a number of women and children were killed and injured in the attack.
Saudi Arabia and its regional allies have intensified their airstrikes on Yemeni targets as Riyadh pushes ahead with its brutal campaign against its impoverished neighbor.
According to local media outlets, Saudi warplanes fired as many as five rockets on the headquarters of Yemeni security forces in the southern part of the capital, Sana’a, on Sunday.
Four of the rockets hit a nearby school. Reports indicate that warplanes have also carried out two air raids on the embassy of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the capital.
Moreover, al-Mayadeen TV channel reported that Saudi warplanes carried out numerous airstrikes in the Yemeni provinces of Bayda, Ma’rib, Sa’ada and Hajjah. The Beirut-based news outlet, however, did not specify the number of casualties and extent of damage caused by the strikes.
On Sunday, UAE jets launched their “most violent” air attacks on Yemen since the Saudi-led aggression began nearly six months ago. The air assaults were the heaviest since the aggressors initiated the Yemeni conflict.
The heavy air raids by the UAE jets coincided with the funeral of the 45 UAE soldiers killed in a Yemeni rocket attack on Friday. The incident, in which at least 16 Saudis and five Bahraini servicemen also lost their lives, became the deadliest day for the aggression forces, and the UAE’s own military history.
“Our revenge shall not take long,” Emirati media quoted Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed as saying, adding, “We will press ahead until we purge Yemen of the scum.”
In retaliation for the Saudi assaults, Yemeni army and popular committees pounded the Saudi military site of al-Radif in the southwestern Yemeni province of Jizan with missiles, killing and wounding a number of Saudi soldiers. A Saudi military vehicle was also destroyed in the attack.
The Yemeni army, backed by popular committees, targeted a Saudi military base in the southwestern region of Jizan. The sound of ambulance sirens was heard following the attack. Yemeni forces also destroyed a Saudi tank and a BMP armored vehicle in Balaq district in Yemen's central province of Ma'rib.
Meanwhile, Daifallah al-Shami, a member of the Houthis' politburo, said the Saudi regime had lured the Qatari forces into the Yemen conflict, like it did the Emirati forces, adding that the presence of these forces in the Yemeni war would not have any impact on the battlefield, and would merely bog them down in the conflict.
Al-Shami added the representatives of the Ansarullah movement and the People’s Congress, who were holding peace talks with negotiators in Oman, departed from the country on Monday after expressing their views on a solution to the conflict. The political official said they will now wait for the other side to offer their response.
On March 26, Saudi Arabia began its aggression against Yemen – without a UN mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and restore power to Yemen’s fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.
The conflict has so far left about 4,500 people dead and thousands of others wounded, the UN says. Local Yemeni sources, however, say the fatality figure is much higher.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: