A high-ranking Iranian military commander says Operation al-Aqsa Storm launched by Gaza-based resistance factions against Israel laid bare the inefficiency of the occupying regime’s military systems, and the erosion of its armed forces' capabilities.
Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, the deputy chief of the Iranian Army for Coordination, made the remarks at a ceremony in the capital Tehran on Wednesday.
“The inefficiency of the Zionist regime's technologies in various dimensions was laid bare throughout Operation Al-Aqsa Storm, signifying the erosion of [the capabilities of] the usurping regime's military,” he said.
The senior Iranian commander stated that the surprise and large-scale operation exposed the overt and covert aspects of the military cooperation between Israel and its allies, stressing that the historic offensive shattered the Tel Aviv regime’s so-called myth of invincibility.
Sayyari went on to describe the revival of the Palestinian issue as among the major achievements of Operation Al-Aqsa Storm.
“This operation and the ensuing shock attested to the fact that the Zionist regime doesn’t enjoy the most powerful army in the [West Asia] region. The entire world also witnessed how it (Israeli army) suffered in the face of [Lebanese] Hezbollah resistance fighters,” he pointed out.
Sayyari highlighted that the Gaza war forced Israel, which once fiercely opposed any negotiations with Hamas, to engage in talks through mediators with the Palestinian group, which serves as one of the main components of the Axis of Resistance, and seek out a ceasefire.
Operation Al-Aqsa Storm also got fighters from the Yemeni Ansarullah resistance movement involved, he said, stressing that the world public opinion is now supporting Palestinians and various nations are making up their mind about Muslims and the Palestinian issue.
Israel launched the war on Gaza on October 7 after the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas waged the surprise Operation Al-Aqsa Storm against the occupying entity in response to the Israeli regime's decades-long campaign of bloodletting and devastation against Palestinians.
A four-day truce took effect on Friday to allow the delivery of humanitarian aid to Gaza after seven weeks of unrelenting bombardment. The regime and Hamas agreed to extend it for two more days on Monday.
According to the Gaza-based health ministry, so far over 15,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli strikes, most of them women and children.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: