The Palestinian Foreign Ministry has said that the Israeli regime is actively backing and escorting settler terrorism in order to undermine any prospects of a Palestinian state with East al-Quds as its capital.
In a press statement released on Sunday, the Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates said that the Israeli regime was using brutal force and settler attacks to subvert any chance for the so-called two-state solution and distract the world's attention from Israel's settlement activities in the occupied Palestinian territory.
“All of this is taking place in a race against time to complete the crimes of the gradual and non-stop annexation of the West Bank, by intensifying and expanding settlement construction in a crazy manner. This is a frank distribution of roles between the occupation army and the organized and armed settler militias,” the statement read.
Elsewhere in the statement, the ministry warned against "the consequences of expanding settlements, with the accompanying suffering, injustice and persecution against the Palestinian people.”
The statement comes as the US and its Western allies have turned a blind eye to Israel's growing settlement activities and the illegal entity’s crimes in the occupied Palestinian territories.
The Palestinian Authority recently held Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his far-right cabinet fully responsible for persisting terrorism by Zionist settlers against Palestinians across the occupied lands.
Israeli regime troops and settlers have been escalating their terror attacks against Palestinian civilians in the occupied territories, in an attempt to forcibly expel Palestinians from their lands and make way for expanding illegal Zionist-only settlements.
The Palestinian government condemned the Israeli regime’s recent plan to construct about 5,700 new illegal settler units in the occupied West Bank as a “reward to settler terrorism” against the Palestinian people.
Last month, the United Nations expressed grave concerns about surging violence perpetuated by Israeli settlers in the occupied West Bank, slamming it as "terrorism" against Palestinians.
More than 700,000 Israelis live in about 280 illegal settlements built since the 1967 occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds.
The UN Security Council resolutions have in the past called for the two-state solution based on the 1967 boundaries, and pronounced settlements in the two areas “a flagrant violation under international law and a major obstacle to the achievement of the two-State solution.”
Israel occupied the West Bank and East al-Quds during the Six-Day War in 1967. It later annexed East al-Quds in a move not recognized by the international community.
Palestinians want the resolution of the conflict with Tel Aviv based on the so-called two-state solution along the pre-1967 boundaries. However, Israeli officials insist on maintaining the occupation of Palestinian territories.
The last round of Israeli-Palestinian talks collapsed in 2014. Among the major sticking points in those negotiations was Israel’s continued settlement construction activities in the occupied lands.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: