Palestinian resistance movements have denounced the latest deadly raid in the occupied West Bank city of Jenin, vowing to take a harsh revenge after Israeli forces killed at least six Palestinians and wounded dozens of others.
The Nablus-based Lions’ Den group, in a statement on Tuesday evening, called upon Palestinians to take to streets across the occupied territories to condemn the Jenin raid and draw the international community’s attention to the Israeli regime’s atrocities.
The newly-formed resistance group pledged to take revenge for the vicious attack soon.
“As we have always vowed and honored our promise, we will bring the Palestinian nation pride and glory. Today, we give you another firm promise that it will not take long for us to wreak revenge on Zionists,” the Lions’ Den said.
The Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Palestinian Hamas resistance movement, also called on all Palestinian resistance fighters to put up further resistance in the face of the occupying Israeli regime and to stage armed clashes with Israeli troops across occupied lands.
It praised the Jenin refugee camp as the fortress of steadfastness and resistance and urged Palestinian fighters to defend the nation as well as national and religious values.
The Tulkarm Brigade announced that they had targeted Bat Hefer settlement, an illegal settlement located in the vicinity of the Tulkarm district, in the early hours of Wednesday.
“Our commandos carried out a qualitative operation against the Bat Hefer settlement at 00:04 local time on Wednesday (2204 GMT Tuesday) and fired shots at settlers’ homes and structures. We state that there are casualties among them,” the group said in a brief statement.
Additionally, Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh condemned the Israeli raid and destruction of Palestinian properties.
Shtayyeh called on the US administration to intervene and stop Israel’s brutal moves and raids on Palestinian cities, towns, villages, and refugee camps, during which dozens of people have been killed.
He also called on international human rights organizations to condemn the raid, hold Israeli authorities fully responsible for it and all other crimes committed against Palestinians, and not allow the perpetrators to escape punishment.
Shtayyeh underscored that Palestinians will continue their struggle to end the Israeli occupation, obtain their freedom, and establish a sovereign independent state with al-Quds as its capital.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health said in a statement that six people were killed and 26 others injured on Tuesday during the Israeli army’s assault on the northern West Bank city of Jenin.
Three of the wounded people had serious injuries, the ministry added, noting they had gunshot wounds in the chest and in the pelvis.
Witnesses told AFP news agency that a house was besieged by the Israeli forces and hit with rockets. Footage circulating on social media showed helicopters over a column of military vehicles entering the city.
Israeli authorities claimed one of the Palestinian men they killed was behind the shooting of two brothers from an illegal settlement near the Palestinian village of Huwara last week.
Tensions have been rising across the occupied West Bank as Israeli forces launch raids on a daily basis under the pretext of detaining what the regime calls “wanted” Palestinians. The raids usually lead to deadly attacks against residents.
Over the past months, Israel has ramped up attacks on Palestinian towns and cities throughout the occupied territories. As a result of these attacks, dozens of Palestinians have lost their lives and many others have been arrested.
The United Nations marked 2022 as the deadliest year for Palestinians in the West Bank in 16 years.
Israeli forces killed at least 171 Palestinians in the West Bank and occupied East al-Quds last year, including more than 30 children. At least 9,000 others were also injured.