The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has warned that over 25.5 million Yemenis are living beneath the poverty line due to the repercussions of the Saudi-led war in the impoverished country.
The UN migration agency announced on Friday that seven years of war in Yemen also caused the displacement of more than 4 million people in the country so far.
With the hashtag “Yemen Can’t Wait,” the UN migration body tweeted that more than two million children are without education as a result of the Saudi-led war.
"The people of Yemen need our support now more than ever, as they face one of the worst humanitarian crises of our time," the international organization said.
Saudi Arabia launched the devastating war against Yemen in March 2015 in collaboration with a number of its allies, chief among them the UAE, and with arms and logistics support from the US and several Western states.
The objective was to bring back to power the former Riyadh-backed regime and crush the popular Ansarullah resistance movement, which has been running state affairs in the absence of an effective government in Yemen.
The war has stopped well short of all of its goals, despite killing hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and turning the entire country into the scene of the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.
Yemen’s Foreign Minister Hisham Sharaf said last week that Saudi Arabia and its allies have committed “unprecedented war crimes” against Yemenis, including overt attempts to starve them, while the international community has kept silent.
In a message marking the seventh anniversary of the Saudi-led war on Yemen, Sharaf said the Saudi-led war coalition has committed unprecedented war crimes against Yemenis for seven years in flagrant violation of international humanitarian law, the Charter of the United Nations, and related treaties and conventions.