The spokesman for Yemen’s Ansarullah movement has rejected the United States claim of aiding the Yemeni people, saying Washington and its allies would deprive Yemenis of oxygen if they could.
In a tweet on Thursday, Mohammed Abdul-Salam wrote that there is no parallel in the world to the ridiculous claims made by the United States and its servile lackeys.
The US and its allies "wage war against a country and beset it with a siege, and withhold everything from it, even oxygen, if they were able to do so, and then ridiculously [claim] that they are helping that country,” Abdul-Salam said.
He asserted that the US and those who are responsible for the war on Yemen must leave the Arab country so that it would be able to manage its affairs with pride and dignity.
ليس في العالم من تصرفاته مثار سخرية كأمريكا ومن يدور في فلكها،يشنون على بلد حربا ويطوقونه بحصار،ويمنعون عنه كل شيء حتى الأكسجين لو استطاعوا لفعلوا، ثم بسخافة يتحدثون أنهم يقدمون له مساعدات،ألا يخجلون،فليتركوا ذلك البلد وشأنه وسيتدبر أمره بعزة وكرامة وهو في غنى عن هذه السخافات .— محمد عبدالسلام (@abdusalamsalah) April 1, 2021
The United States and its Western allies have been deeply involved in the Saudi-led aggression against Yemen, which began in March 2015. The war’s primary goals were to restore the government of former Riyadh-friendly president and crush the popular Ansarullah movement, which currently runs the Sana’a government.
Early on Thursday, in response to the continuation of the Saudi-led aggression, Yemen’s military used four drones to launch an attack on a number of “sensitive and important” targets deep into the Saudi capital.
“Today at dawn, the air force ... launched counterattack in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, with four drones targeting sensitive and important sites, the designated target has been hit with high precision,” the spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, announced via Twitter.
Saree added that the attack falls within Yemen’s legitimate right to respond to the ongoing aggression and blockade against itself.
“Our operations continue as long as the aggression and siege continue,” he added.
Last month, the US announced nearly $191 million in additional humanitarian assistance at a High-Level Pledging Event for the Humanitarian Crisis in Yemen.
Secretary of State Anthony Blinken claimed that in total the United States has provided more than $3.4 billion to alleviate the suffering of the people of Yemen since the crisis began six years ago.
This comes as Saudi Arabia, which has launched the deadly war on Yemen, has been the world's number one importer of weapons.
A report by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) revealed in March that more than a third of the global arms sold worldwide during the past five years originated in the United States, while Saudi Arabia was the world's largest weapons importer during the period.
The report said the US accounted for 37 percent of global arms sales between 2016 and 2020, adding that almost half of its sales (47 percent) went to the Middle East, with Saudi Arabia being the main recipient of US arms transfers in 2016–20, accounting for 24 percent of US arms exports.
Six years into the Yemen war, which has killed hundreds of thousands of people and destroyed much of the country’s infrastructure, Yemeni people are facing malnutrition, hunger and famine, which have increased risks of disease and starvation.
According to a recent report by a UK-based NGO, at least a quarter of all civilian casualties from the war in Yemen in two years have been children, with at least 2,341 confirmed deaths and injuries of children in Yemen between 2018 and 2020.
The report, published by Save the Children last month, revealed that 1.8 million children under five were currently suffering from moderate acute malnutrition, while almost 400,000 children under five were suffering from severe acute malnutrition.
The US claim of supporting Yemenis comes as Washington has been a key ally of Saudi Arabia, providing support for the Saudi-led coalition's war against Yemen.
Late last month, a US-based human rights advocacy group urged the United States to end all support for the Saudi-led coalition’s blockade and war against Yemen.
“The US must end ALL support to the Saudi coalition’s blockade on Yemen!” the Yemeni Liberation Movement said in its statement, which was issued to mark the sixth anniversary of the Saudi-led war against Yemen.
"The US and Saudi coalition claim that they aren't breaking any humanitarian war crimes, because they are allowing food and other necessities to enter the country. However, the fuel blockade has made it impossible for trucks to transport these essential items, that have been rotting for months," the group said.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: