News   /   Interviews

World not to accept Saudi account on Khashoggi: Pundit

A Turkish forensic police officer waits as he carries a box at the Saudi Arabian consulate on October 17, 2018 in Istanbul. (Photo by AFP)

The world opinion will not accept a story made by Saudi Arabia about the killing of prominent journalist and dissident Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, says a commentator.

Naseer al-Omari, an author and political commentator, told Press TV on Saturday that the Saudi account is really intended for internal consumption in Saudi Arabia, stressing that “the world would not take it seriously.”

“The problem is this (the Saudi account) will not be accepted by the international community. The Congress has already rejected all of this silly account,” he said. 

The analyst also asked “why would you cut Khashoggi’s body off, according to the Turkish account?”

Naseeri underlined that the Riyadh regime is attempting to distract the world opinion from the alleged role of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the killing.

In a Friday announcement, Saudi Arabia said that the preliminary results of its investigation indicate Khashoggi had been killed in a "fight with people who met him in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.”

 


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

www.presstv.co.uk

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Press TV News Roku