News   /   Palestine

Israeli forces deliberately killed Palestinian teenager Qusay al-Amour: NGO

Palestinians attend the funeral of 17-year old Qusay al-Amour, who was killed by Israeli forces, January 17, 2017.

An international organization working to promote and protect the rights of Palestinian children says Israeli military forces ‘deliberately’ shot dead a 17-year-old Palestinian teenage boy during a protest in the occupied West Bank last month.

Defense for Children International Palestine (DCIP) said on Saturday that 17-year-old Qusay al-Amour was killed during violent clashes in the town of Tuqu’, located 12 kilometers southeast of Bethlehem, on January 16, stressing that he was fatally shot rather than being indiscriminately struck.

The DCIP further added that Amour sustained two gunshot wounds in the chest. One of the bullets fired at him purportedly struck the upper right side of the chest, while another hit the center of his chest, causing severe internal bleeding and his death at last.

Hisham Abu Shakra, a witness and photographer for Turkey’s official Anadolu news agency, said the 17-year-old was far away from confrontations between Palestinian youths and Israeli forces near the western entrance of Tuqu’ as an onlooker.

Shakhra added that he heard shots being fired four times in a row before Amour fell to the ground. A number of troopers then moved speedily toward the Palestinian boy, and viciously battered him after which they dragged the ill-fated teenager towards their jeeps.

Citing Israeli rights group, B'Tselem Defense for Children International Palestine further noted that Israeli forces use excessive force and live ammunition during clashes with Palestinian demonstrators in the West Bank.

The DCIP also dismissed earlier allegations that Israeli troopers use the Ruger 10/22 semi-automatic rimfire rifle in the face of protesting Palestinian crowds, saying the severity of gunshot wounds that Palestinians have suffered shows they have been struck with much stronger rifles.

Tens of Palestinians detained at al-Khalil rally

Meanwhile, tens of Palestinians have been injured after fierce skirmishes broke out between porters and Israeli forces in the Beit Amr region of the West Bank.

Local sources, requesting anonymity, said Israeli forces used tear gas canisters, stun grenades, live ammunition as well as rubber-coated steel bullets to break up the rally.

Israeli military forces stand guard during clashes in the Beit Amr region of the occupied West Bank on February 4, 2017.

Israeli military forces then sealed the entrances into and exits out of Beit Amr, checking all vehicles arriving at and departing from the area.

The occupied Palestinian territories have witnessed tensions ever since Israel imposed restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East Jerusalem al-Quds in August 2015.

Nearly 280 Palestinians have lost their lives at the hands of Israeli forces since the beginning of October that year.

Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

Press TV News Roku