Here is a round-up of global news developments:
- Israel has issued administrative detention orders against 27 Palestinians in the occupied West Bank. 14 of the orders are new while the rest are extensions of old orders. Officials say 700 Palestinians are being held in administrative detention which allows Tel Aviv to keep suspects without charge or trial in jail indefinitely.
- The US army is not filing any criminal charges against a dozen of its members for a deadly strike on a charity hospital in Afghanistan last year. The incident in the Afghan city of Kunduz killed 42 and wounded almost as many people. The service members have only received non-judicial punishments including letters of reprimand.
- French police have clashed with anti-labor law protesters in Paris and made 27 arrests. This after demonstrators quote-forced their way through a police barricade and torched vehicles. Over the past month, nightly gatherings, dubbed "Up All Night", have been held in France against the proposed labor reforms.
- Voting is underway in Iran’s run-off elections with 68 remaining seats at the parliament up for grabs. 17 million people are eligible to vote. The elections take place in 21 provinces where over 50 constituencies were left undecided in the first round on February 26.
- Around 20 protesters have been arrested outside a campaign rally for U-S Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump in the state of California. Demonstrators held signs as well as Mexican and American flags to protest Trump. Trump has caused widespread anger among the Latin Americans living in the U-S with his anti-migrant comments.
- The UN Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs says Ukraine’s two-year conflict between the army and pro-Russia militia in the country’s east has claimed the lives of nearly 10,000 people. Taye-Brook Zerihoun also stressed the importance to make progress towards a political settlement.
- Russian foreign minister has warned that the U-S and its allies are acting illegitimately in Syria to topple President Bashar al-Assad. Sergey Lavrov also warned that the US may target Syrian government forces to implement this policy. Moscow and Washington are siding with opposing sides in the Syria conflict.
- Around 20 protesters have been arrested outside a campaign rally for US Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump in the state of California. Demonstrators held signs as well as Mexican and American flags to protest Trump. Trump has caused widespread anger among the Latin Americans living in the US with his anti-migrant comments.