1. Reports say Washington is preparing new anti-Iran sanctions over its missile program. Iran has always defended developing its defense capabilities.
2. Russia’s foreign minister criticizes US double standards in fighting terrorism, saying the coalition treats Iraq in a different way from Syria.
3. Russia broadens its sanctions against Turkey, put in place last month after Turkey shot down a Russian jet under disputed circumstances.
4. In Syria, at least nine people are killed and many others wounded in three blasts in the northeastern city of Qamishli.
5. The mayor of Chicago announces changes to the police policy in an attempt to ease tensions in the city after weeks of protests over fatal police shootings.