Reports say Yemeni tribesmen have launched a retaliatory attack on a Saudi oil firm in the city of Dhahran al-Janub as the Riyadh regime presses ahead with its brutal military campaign against the neighboring Arab nation.
The al-Mayadeen satellite channel quoted a tribal source in the Yemeni province of Sa’ada as saying that the country’s tribesmen targeted a facility of the Saudi Arabian Oil Company, known as Aramco, in Dhahran al-Janub, located in the southwestern Asir region.
There has been no immediate report on the possible casualties.
The retaliatory attacks came as Saudi fighter jets pounded various sites in the capital, Sana’a as on Monday. Witnesses said large explosions were heard in the Faj Attan area, which is home to a number of military camps.
Saudi air raids also pounded the mountainous al-Naqam neighborhood, located southeast of the capital, as well as the al-Hafa military camp on the outskirts of Sana’a.
Meanwhile, hundreds of people who were killed or injured in the Saudi airborne attacks have been transferred to the hospitals in Sana’a, which are in dire need of medical supplies amid Riyadh’s blockade on relief supplies to the war-stricken Yemeni nation.
Medical sources in Yemen say hospitals have called on people to donate blood to those injured in the Saudi assaults.
Yemeni media reports say a number of aid planes belonging to the International Red Crescent Society (IRCS) have landed in the Sana’a international airport. The planes have some 35 tons of medical and humanitarian supplies on board.
Earlier in the day, an Iranian ship carrying humanitarian supplies left the southern Iranian port city of Bandar Abbas for war-torn Yemen. The Nejat (Rescue) cargo ship, containing 2,500 tons of much-needed aid, including food, medical supplies and tents, set sail for Yemen on Monday.
Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 - without a UN mandate - in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement, which currently controls the capital, Sana’a, and other major provinces, and to restore power to Yemen’s fugitive former president, Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, who is a staunch ally of Riyadh.
The attacks have claimed the lives of over 1,400 people so far.
On May 8, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) warned about the consequences of restrictions on Yemen’s imports of foodstuff and basic commodities as deadly Saudi air raids continue to hamper relief operations in the Arab state.
The UNICEF said 120,000 Yemeni children are at the risk of severe malnutrition over the next three months in case health and hygiene services fail to function normally, and an immunization campaign aiming to protect millions of children against communicable diseases does not get underway.