Israel’s supreme court has authorized the regime’s authorities to demolish a Palestinian village in the occupied West Bank.
The high court approved on Monday a request from the Israeli civil administration to demolish the tents and houses of Khirbet Susiya Village near the city of Hebron (al-Khalil).
The planned destruction will leave 450 Palestinians homeless.
Nasr al-Nawajaa, a resident of the village, said the court decision was made “under the pretext that there is no infrastructure in the area.”
Jihad al-Nawajaa, the head of the village’s local council, said Israel wants to displace the villagers and build a park for settlers. He said the residents’ houses have previously been demolished several times but the Palestinian residents have not abandoned their land.
“We have been here for over 30 years and will not leave,” he emphasized.
According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Israeli authorities have razed to the ground as many as 42 Palestinian-owned structures in Ramallah, al-Quds, Jericho, and al-Khalil since January 20.
This is while according to international law, the destruction of private or public property in occupied territories is prohibited.
The Israeli regime destroyed at least 359 Palestinian structures in the West Bank throughout 2014, according to the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions.