A people’s movement

When a financial crisis hit the US and the Western world in 2007, it hit ordinary citizens the hardest.

While banks and businesses deemed "too big to fail" were "bailed out" by governments, many taxpayers saw the foreclosure of their houses by those banks. In the United States, the schism was too wide to ignore. It was increasingly made clear to all that, in times of crisis, the wealthiest 1% are safe; the government would come to their rescue. The rest of the people, the 99%, will be on their own.

Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:


Press TV News Roku