Drone footage filmed on Saturday (February 11) shows the extent of damage left behind by a deadly earthquake in the Turkish province of Kahramanmaras, with dozens of buildings reduced to rubble.
The footage shows rescue teams working amid smashed concrete mounds of fallen houses and apartment blocks, while ever more trucks rumbled through the streets shipping out debris.
The footage from Kahramanmaras, close to the quake's epicenter in southeastern Turkey, was filmed five days after the country's most devastating earthquake since 1939.
The growing death toll, exceeding 24,150 across southern Turkey and northwest Syria, raised questions over Turkey's earthquake planning and response time, and President Tayyip Erdogan said on Friday that authorities should have reacted faster.
In Turkey, 67 people had been clawed from the rubble in the previous 24 hours, Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay told reporters overnight, in efforts that drew in 31,000 rescuers across the affected region.
About 80,000 people were being treated in hospital, while 1.05 million left homeless by the quakes were in temporary shelters, he added.
Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses: