News   /   Palestine

4 Palestinians injured as Israeli forces attack peaceful protest in Nablus

US Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) (L) talks with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) during a rally with fellow Democrats before voting on H.R. 1, or the People Act, on the East Steps of the US Capitol on March 08, 2019 in Washington, DC. (AFP photo)
This picture shows armed Israeli forces watching on as Palestinian students walk to their school in the village of Luban e-Sharkiya near the West Bank city of Nablus, on Nov. 18, 2021.(File photo by Xinhua)

Four Palestinians have been injured when Israeli occupation forces attacked a peaceful protest in the city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank.

Palestinians protested on Sunday at the entrance to the village of Luban e-Sharkiya, to the south of Nablus, according to local sources.

Yaaqoub Eweis, the mayor of the village, said Israeli forces assaulted dozens of protesters who were demonstrating against the daily attacks by Israeli settlers and soldiers on the village’s students and the restrictions imposed on them.

Eweis said four of the protesters sustained minor injuries, while many others suffered breathing problems due to the inhalation of teargas fired by the Israeli forces.

Palestinian students have lost access to their schools in the village as a result of attacks by Israeli settlers and troops.

Last week, hundreds of students in the village were forced to miss school after a group of Israeli settlers gathered for a dance at the entrance to the village, blocking access to the village's two main schools.

Palestinian prisoners announce hunger strike 

Separately, Palestinian prisoners announced an open hunger strike in protest at the abusive conditions in Israeli jails.

The Captive Movement announced that prisoners from all Palestinian factions in Israeli prisons were moving toward an open hunger strike, according to Palestinian sources.

"انتفاضة السجون لن تتوقف"..
الحركة الأسيرة: نسير نحو الإضراب المفتوح عن الطعام بمشاركة كافة السجون والفصائل دون استثناءhttps://t.co/T6pnmBy2CL

— وكالة شهاب للأنباء (@ShehabAgency) February 27, 2022

Elsewhere in the occupied lands, members of the Palestinian family of Shawamreh embarked on demolishing their own home on the outskirts of the Israeli-occupied East al-Quds neighborhood of Beit Hanina after they were pressed to do so by the all-Israeli municipality of the city.

The demolition came after Israeli authorities refused the Palestinian family's claims of the land.

The Tel Aviv regime has been occupying the West Bank, including East al-Quds, since taking the Palestinian territory by force in 1967.

The Tel Aviv regime has been building settlements on Palestinian territory ever since.

The move has been condemned by the United Nations and is considered illegal under international law, which bans construction on the occupied Palestinian lands.


Press TV’s website can also be accessed at the following alternate addresses:

www.presstv.ir

www.presstv.co.uk

SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Press TV News Roku