Israeli troops have shot and seriously injured a Palestinian youth in the Israeli-occupied West Bank amid spike in incidents of violence by the Tel Aviv regime forces against Palestinians, while forcing another Palestinian to demolish his own house in al-Quds.
Palestinian security sources said that the shooting incident took place early on Sunday near the town of Ya’bad in the occupied West Bank district of Jenin, the official news agency Wafa reported.
The soldiers chased the three Palestinian youths at a road to the west of the town and opened fire at their vehicle, injuring one of them.
The wounded was identified as Abdullah Basem Abu Bakr, a local resident of Ya’bad.
The other two passengers, who were identified as Adham Rmailat and Sha’lan Abu Bakr, were subsequently detained and taken by Israeli troops to an undisclosed location.
Dozens of Palestinians have been killed by the Israeli forces in recent months allegedly for attempting to carry out stabbing or car-ramming attacks.
Human rights groups accuse Israeli forces of deliberately killing Palestinians who pose no risk to their lives or safety. They have repeatedly slammed the Tel Aviv regime for its shoot-to-kill policy.
In recent years, Israeli forces and settlers have been frequently caught on camera shooting Palestinians, and leaving them bleeding at the scene.
Israel forces Palestinian to demolish his own house in al-Quds
Separately, Palestinian media said Israeli authorities forced a Palestinian owner to tear down his own home in the occupied West Bank.
The Israeli authorities on Sunday left Ali Khalil Shqeirat no choice but to demolish his own home in Jabal Mukaber town, southeast of occupied al-Quds.
The municipality’s order to raze the building was issued under the pretext of lacking the necessary construction license, which is almost impossible to obtain.
Shqeirat said that the municipality had ordered him to raze the home and if he refused to do as ordered, demolition crews from the municipality would do the job, and in that case, he would have to pay a hefty sum as demolition costs.
The Israeli authorities also delivered some Palestinians demolition notices in Silwan town, a predominantly Palestinian neighborhood on the outskirts of the Old City of al Quds.
Israeli authorities demolish Palestinian homes in the occupied West Bank usually claiming that the residential structures have been built without the relevant building permits. Israeli authorities also sometimes order the Palestinian owners to demolish their own homes or else the municipality would charge them for the demolition costs.
🔹 The Israeli occupation municipality on Sunday forced a Jerusalemite to forcibly demolish his house in the town of Jabal Mukaber, southeast of occupied Jerusalem, under the pretext of building without a permit.https://t.co/GplFuvC9RP— Safa Press Agency (@SafaPressAgency) July 25, 2021
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) says the Israeli authorities either demolish or seize Palestinian property in the West Bank and East al-Quds, a trend which has led to the displacement of a large number of Palestinians in recent months.
According to the OCHA, Israel has demolished more than 420 Palestinian-owned structures in the West Bank so far this year.
At the same time, Israel has expanded its settlements, which the UN Security Council has condemned in several resolutions.
More than 650,000 Israelis live in over 230 settlements built since the 1967 Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds.
All Israeli settlements are illegal under international law. The UN Security Council has condemned Israel’s settlement activities in the occupied territories in several resolutions.
Palestinians want the West Bank as part of a future independent Palestinian state with East al-Quds as its capital.