Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has dismissed US accusations of a rocket test near American warships in the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf.
“The IRGC Navy has had no drill in the Strait of Hormuz over the past week during the time claimed by the Americans for launch of a rocket or missile,” head of the IRGC’s public relations office Brig. Gen. Ramezan Sharif said on Thursday.
The rebuttal came a day after the US accused Iran of launching a "highly provocative" rocket test last week near its warships and commercial traffic passing through the Strait of Hormuz.
“The publication of such false news under the current conditions is more of a psychological warfare and questionable,” Sharif said.
“Security and peace in the Persian Gulf is among serious strategies for Iran and the Guards carries out its drills according to the table of its programs at the prearranged time in order to upgrade required preparedness in this field,” he added.