ISIL Takfiris have reportedly killed more than 140 civilians since re-entering the Syrian border town of Kobani on Thursday.
Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the so-called Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, said Friday that 146 civilians were killed at the hands of ISIL terrorists inside and around Kobani.
The Takfiri miitants are also holding hostages at three points inside the town, where they are holed up, said Abdel Rahman, adding that dozens of ISIL extremists have also died in the clashes there.
ISIL militants reportedly re-entered Kobani months after the Kurdish border town was cleansed of the terrorists.
Earlier in the day, Adbel Rahman described the killings as one of the “worst massacres” the terror group has committed in Syria.
ISIL terrorists also executed another 26 civilians in a village near Kobani, the Observatory said.
When ISIL militants entered Kobani, they “took up positions in buildings at the southeast and southwest entrances, firing at everything that moved,” Abdel Rahman noted.
He said the bodies of civilians, including women and children, were found in their homes and in the streets.
The terrorists “knew that they could not stay and control the town in the face of the Kurdish forces. They came just to kill and strike a moral blow to the Kurds,” Abdel Rahman underscored.
The development came as Kurdish forces had moved from Kobani to secure other ISIL-controlled areas in neighboring Raqqa Province.
Turkey has facilitated the re-entry of ISIL Takfiri militants into Kobani, according to Syrian media. Ankara has, however, rejected the report.
Turkey has also been one of the main supporters of the militancy against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, with reports showing that Ankara actively trains and arms militants operating in Syria.