Sunday Mar 18, 201207:33 PM GMT
'US killing of Afghan civilians, gruesome'
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:29PM
Interview with Mohammed Daud Miraki, author and Afghanistan expert
Share | Email | Print

So this is nothing new but in fact this case has been the most gruesome. That is why it compelled the puppet regime in Kabul to even raise their voice because for the past ten years many such cases have been reported but have not made it to the public forum and the government basically kept their motion in order to please the invaders."

An Afghan parliamentary investigation team says the massacre of at least 16 civilians by American soldiers in Kandahar province was planned in retaliation for an earlier attack on US forces.


The head of the Afghan parliamentary investigation, Sayed Ishaq Gillani, said the locals suspect that the slaughter of the Afghan civilians was carried out in revenge for an attack which destroyed an American tank last week.

Earlier on Monday, the Afghan tribal leaders of Kandahar province also said that the carnage was in retaliation against the bomb attack on the US tank in the Zangabad region in Panjwaii district in the province of Kandahar.

Following the blast, the American forces summoned local Afghans and tribal leaders of the region and vowed a bloody revenge on their children and wives, the Kandahar tribal leaders added.

The new findings came in the wake of an earlier report by the team, which suggested that the American troopers also raped two female victims of the massacre before killing them.

Press TV has conducted an interview with Mohammed Daud Miraki, author and Afghanistan expert, to share his opinion on this issue.

The following is a transcript of the interview:

Press TV: Now Mr. Miraki, when we are hearing this that this attack was pre-planned, that the residents were threatened before this actually happened, that the women were raped before they were killed, tell us what all this is telling you? How are you analyzing this?

Miraki: This is nothing new because we have already in the past many cases were in fact; we have cases where the US forces raped people, raped men as well as women and covered up their murder.

And this has been in fact the modus operandi of these criminal gangs. I do not call them the armed forces. Unfortunately they have committed similar crimes in the past, cases has been like kidnapping nomads, women and have raped them and once they expired they threw them from the helicopter near Kabul back in 2005.

Case of another man, many men old and young men, they have imprisoned and raped them and then of course they committed suicide.

So this is nothing new but in fact this case has been the most gruesome. That is why it compelled the puppet regime in Kabul to even raise their voice because for the past ten years many such cases have been reported but have not made it to the public forum and the government basically kept their motion in order to please the invaders.

Press TV: Right. Well Dr. Miraki, one question that’s being asked in Afghanistan is whether those people responsible, the soldiers responsible are going to be put to trial in Afghanistan?

Now up until now the US administration has rejected that demand and it has been saying that is not going to happen.
How serious do you think the administration in the US has been in these and similar kinds of cases when people are angry and they want to see justice in these and similar cases?

Miraki: Well it is really amusing to even concur that the Americans would wonder soldiers tried in Afghanistan. After all, they are invading [to] control all aspects of the Afghan regime. They fund the Afghan regime. The Afghan regime in places they are puppet government and hence it is not expected of them to agree to have their men tried in Afghanistan.

You know, in the past similar incidents have happened and I have documented more than enough such cases. So the people have to realize that this will not happen. But they also need to realize that these crimes constitute indication of the Afghan insurgency.
The insurgency is really a valid response to the occupation and the occupation needs to end.

Press TV: Dr. Miraki one question that is also important here is how this is going to affect the foreign troops presence in Afghanistan? Of course we saw immediately after this attack various visits being made by US officials to Afghanistan and again very strong point made there that we are not going to change our plans, we even going to stay beyond the 2014.

Is this going to affect however the pressure that has been put on the US administration to withdraw its forces even sooner than expected?

Miraki: Actually if they say they want to stay beyond 2014 my answer to them would be good luck. And right now in every corner of Afghanistan they have been attacked, their casualty figures is much, much higher than officially reported and they have been defeated in every battle that they fought in Afghanistan.

And I have document and empirical evidence to that effect for them to maintain that they want to stay beyond 2014, they have to realize this is not Germany or Japan. This is Afghanistan.

It is very easy to enter Afghanistan but at the end every empire is brought to their knees in Afghanistan and I have seen in the past. The US Empire is no exception to this rule.

AHK/JR
Related Stories:
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Interviews
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2012 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy