A senior Iranian lawmaker says the Israeli regime is very vulnerable at present and threats to launch a military strike against Iran are merely a bluff.
Member of the Majlis Presiding Board Mohammad-Hossein Farhangi said Saturday that based on international and regional developments, Tel Aviv is bluffing in making war threats against Iran.
The Iranian lawmaker stressed that the words of Israeli officials should not be taken seriously because the regime's claims come after its reputation of being undefeatable was ruined due to its defeat in the 33-day war with Lebanon and the 22-day war with Hamas.
Farhangi stressed that any military threats will receive a crushing response from Iran.
“The occupied territories are within the range of the Islamic Republic's missiles and therefore the Zionist regime [of Israeli] cannot engage in any military activity against Iran.”
The Iranian lawmaker's remarks were made after Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Moshe Ya'alon claimed Iran's nuclear facilities are “within striking distance” and “any facility defended by a human being can be penetrated."
Earlier this month, the US confessed that it was incapable of destroying Iranian nuclear facilities.
The United States, Israel, and some of their allies accuse Tehran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear program. Washington and Tel Aviv have repeatedly threatened Tehran with the "option" of a military strike against its atomic facilities.
The UN Security Council -- under pressure from Washington and its allies -- imposed four rounds of sanctions against Iran. The United States and the European Union have also adopted unilateral measures against the Islamic Republic in an effort to deter Western investment in Iran's energy sector.
Iran argues that as a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), it has every right to develop and acquire nuclear technology for peaceful purposes.