Thursday Jan 05, 201206:42 PM GMT
'Iran ready to resume talks with P5+1'
Thu Jan 5, 2012 6:41PM
Share | Email | Print
Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi
Iran's Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi says Tehran is ready to resume talks with the six world powers as soon as both sides agree on a venue and date for negotiation.


“We are prepared for negotiations and we hope talks would be held in a venue agreed upon by both sides,” Salehi said at a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoglu on Thursday.

“My personal opinion is that Turkey is the most suitable venue,” Salehi added.

The Iranian official said Turkey has accepted Mrs. Ashton's offer to host the next round of talks between Iran and the P5+1 (Britain, China, France, Russia, and the United States plus Germany).

Iran and the P5+1 have held two rounds of multifaceted talks in Geneva in December 2010 and in the Turkish city of Istanbul last January.

Tehran says it is ready to continue negotiations based on common ground, adding, however, that it has no intention of backing down from its nuclear rights.

The United States, Israel and some of their allies accuse Tehran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear program and have used this pretext to impose four rounds of sanctions against the Islamic Republic.

Iran has refuted the allegations, arguing that as a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Tehran has a right to use nuclear technology for peaceful use.

MR/MYA
Related Stories:
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Iran
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2011 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy