US-led foreign forces have bombed a religious school in Afghanistan's northern Balkh province, killing several people, Press TV reports.
According to police authorities, at least two people were killed in the attack. However, locals put the number at three.
Five others were said to have sustained serious injuries in the assault, which has outraged local residents, as reports by police indicated that the attack had not been coordinated with Afghan security forces.
Meanwhile on Saturday, hundreds of Afghans took to the streets to protest the killing of two civilians by the US-led foreign forces in Afghanistan's eastern province of Kapisa.
The demonstration in the eastern town of Tagab came on the heels of an overnight attack by foreign soldiers that killed two Afghans.
In 2001, the United States, along with its allies, invaded Afghanistan under the pretext of battling terrorism. The offensive removed the Taliban from power, but the country remains gripped by insecurity despite the presence of thousands of foreign troops.
The United Nations has said that the number of civilians killed or injured in Afghanistan has dramatically increased in the first three months of 2013 compared to the same period last year.
Many civilians have lost their lives in US-led operations in various parts of Afghanistan over the past decade, with Afghans becoming increasingly outraged at the seemingly endless number of the deadly assaults.
Washington claims that its airstrikes target militants, but local sources say civilians have been the main victims of the attacks.