An al-Qaeda-linked armed opposition group in Syria has claimed responsibility for an attack earlier this month, which killed at least 60 civilians.
The al-Nusra Front said in a statement posted on the internet on Sunday that it had carried out the February 6 attack in the town of Tal Baraq in the central province of Hama.
In the Tal Baraq attack, one of the foreign-backed militants "drove a bus loaded with 2.5 tons of explosives" towards a group of workers outside the factory, leaving at least 60 people dead.
Al-Nusra Front is among several foreign-backed militant groups fighting the Syrian government, but only this group has been listed as a terrorist outfit by the United States.
Al-Nusra, along with several other groups, has been involved in the majority of attacks in Syria which has led to the death of thousands of civilians and government forces.
Syria has been experiencing unrest since March 2011. Many people, including large numbers of Army and security personnel, have been killed in the violence.
The Syrian government has said that the chaos is being orchestrated from outside the country, and that a very large number of the militants operating in the country are foreign nationals.
Several international human rights organizations have accused foreign-sponsored militants of committing war crimes.