Thursday Nov 22, 201211:19 AM GMT
Israel prepared to resume attacks on Gaza if truce fails: Barak
Israeli Minister for Military Affairs Ehud Barak (file photo)
Israeli Minister for Military Affairs Ehud Barak (file photo)
Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15AM
LAST UPDATE
Share | Email | Print
Israeli Minister for Military Affairs Ehud Barak has threatened that the Tel Aviv regime is prepared to resume deadly attacks on the Gaza Strip if the Egypt-mediated ceasefire fails to hold.


The ceasefire “can last nine days, nine weeks or more, but if it does not hold, we will know what to do, and then of course we shall consider the possibility of resuming our (military) activity in case of shooting or provocation,” Barak said on Thursday.

He also stated that the ceasefire agreement was not a formal treaty between the Israeli regime and the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas. “It is not an agreement, it is an unsigned paper.”

An Egypt-mediated ceasefire agreement, which took effect at 1900 GMT on Wednesday, ended eight days of Israeli attacks on the besieged Gaza Strip that killed more than 160 Palestinians and injured about 1,200 others.

Meanwhile, Israeli sources said the Iron Dome missile shield intercepted about 420 out of some 1,500 rockets fired by the resistance fighters into Israeli cities in retaliation for the deadly Israeli attacks on Gaza.

MKA/HSN
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Middle East
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2012 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy