Wednesday Oct 10, 201203:33 PM GMT
Iran rejects cyber attack on nuclear facilities
Iran
Iran's Minister of Communications and Information Technology Reza Taqipour (file photo)
Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:34PM
Share | Email | Print
Iran's Minister of Communications and Information Technology Reza Taqipour has rejected reports about recent cyber attacks targeting the Iranian nuclear facilities.


“There is no end to cyber attacks. Sometimes we face more than 500,000 threats at the country’s entrance gates but no major threat or cyber attack has targeted the nuclear facilities over the past few weeks,” Taqipour said on Wednesday.
Iran has been the target of several cyber attacks over the past few years.

In June, Taqipour said Tehran has complained to international organizations about the ‘state cyberterrorism’ against the country.

He said the cyber attacks on Iran were sponsored by specific governments and added that the computer virus Flame, for instance, was mainly sponsored by the Israeli regime and certain Western countries.

Also in June, a report by the Washington Post said the US and Israel have cooperated in creating the computer virus Flame to spy on Iran.

US National Security Agency, the CIA and Israel's military worked together to create the Flame virus, the American newspaper added.

The New York Times also revealed in June that US President Barack Obama had secretly ordered a cyber attack with the Stuxnet computer virus against Iran to sabotage the country’s nuclear energy program.

In response to these attacks, Iran launched a cyber defense headquarters tasked with preventing computer worms from breaking into or stealing data from the country's maximum security networks, including nuclear facilities, power plants, data centers and banks.

MYA/AZ/SS

Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Iran
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2012 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy