The British government has a dark record on Islamophobic activities.
1) On February 1989, the British Indian novelist and writer Salman Rushdie was sentenced to death by the founder of the Islamic Republic of Iran Imam Khomeini for insulting Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in his fourth novel, The Satanic Verses, which was written in 1988 and sparked global protests by Muslims around the world.
2) On August 2012, The British state-run broadcaster BBC received more than 200 complaints after broadcasting the first episode of the Citizen Khan sitcom, which was perceived to be racist and insulting to Muslims.
3) On September 2012, over 1000 complaints were made to channel 4 and another 200 to the UK media regulator Ofcom over a documentary called Islam: The Untold Story, which was attacked for its inaccurate claims and imaginative lies about the true divine religion of Islam.
4) On August 2004, Submission, a short film in English directed by Theo van Gogh, attracted criticisms for misrepresenting the glorious Faith of Islam.
5) Nicholas John “Nick” Griffin, who is currently chairman of the far-right British National Party (BNP) and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for North West England, was convicted in 1998 of violating section 19 of the Public Order Act 1986, relating to the offence of publishing and distributing material likely to incite racial hatred and received a suspended prison sentence.
Furthermore, in 2005, he was acquitted of separate charges of stringing racial hatred over his remarks about Islam in an undercover BBC documentary titled The Secret Agent.
6) On September 2010, the British Police arrested six men over the burning of the Muslims holy book Qur’an in the car park of The Bugle pub on Leam Lane in Gateshead town, North East of England. They were all connected to the fascist group English Defence League (EDL), which is believed to be organized by the UK government to spread its racist and anti-Islam propaganda.
Moreover, on April 2011, Andrew Ryan, an EDL member from Carlisle, North West of England, was sentenced imprisonment of 70 days for committing racially aggravated harassment by setting fire to the Qur’an in the city center.