Earlier on September 15, Nakoula who produced a blasphemous anti-Islam movie, which disrespects Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and depicts Islam as an oppressive religion, was questioned by US police over his probation on a bank fraud.
The federal officials said that they were reviewing the case of the 55-year-old self-confessed Coptic Christian, who was convicted of bank fraud charges back in 2010 and was sentenced to 21 months in prison, followed by a five-year long probation.
He had opened bank accounts with social security numbers that did not match the names on the application forms.
He was released in June 2011, while being banned from accessing the internet or representing himself from any other than his real name without his probation officer’s approval.
If the federal officials found that Nakoula violated the probation terms, he could be sent back to prison.
Meanwhile, anti-US demonstrations, which began on September 11 over the anti-Islam film made by Nakoula , were held across the Muslim world, with protesters storming US embassies and torching US flags.
Muslims in Iran, Turkey, Sudan, Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Kashmir, Pakistan, India, Iraq, Gaza, Morocco, Syria, Kuwait, Nigeria, Kenya, Australia, Britain, the United States, France, Belgium, and some other countries have held many demonstrations to condemn the insulting movie.
Family members of the Israeli-American producer of anti-Islam movie have gone into hiding, following protests in several countries of the world.
On Monday, the family members of Nakoula Basseley Nakoula have been escorted by sheriff's deputies from their home in the Los Angeles suburb of Cerritos to an undisclosed location, said Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.