Thursday Sep 13, 201208:28 PM GMT
Muslim world enraged by US-made anti-Islam film
Egyptian protesters burn the US flag during a demonstration against the American anti-Islam film on September 12, 2012.
Egyptian protesters burn the US flag during a demonstration against the American anti-Islam film on September 12, 2012.
The Muslim world is brewing with anger over the blasphemous anti-Islam movie made in the United States, offensive to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).


Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said earlier today that the Islamic Republic strongly condemns the desecration of Islam’s prophet.

He lashed out at Washington’s systematic silence on such hateful moves, which are aimed at spreading Islamophobia, as the main reason behind the continuation of such measures.

Afghanistan’s President Hamid Karzai has also slammed the “desecrating act”, saying it has caused “enmity and confrontation between the religions and cultures of the world.”
He has postponed a visit to Norway over the film.

In Egypt, the government has condemned the act, saying “The film is offensive to the Prophet and immoral.”

Meanwhile, Fresh protest has erupted outside the American embassy in Cairo a day after furious Egyptian protesters scaled the walls of the embassy and pulled down the US flag.

This comes after the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood called for peaceful protests on Friday outside the main mosques in all Egyptian provinces.

The Vatican has similarly strongly condemned the US-made movie as “provocations” against Muslims. “The serious consequences of unjustified offence and provocations against the sensibilities of Muslim believers are once again evident,” Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said in a statement released on Wednesday.

Protests have as well erupted outside US embassies in several other countries including Libya, Tunisia, Sudan and Morocco in response to the sacrilegious film.

Tunisian protesters demanded an end to diplomatic relations with US in their rallies as the police fired tear gas to disperse them.

Earlier, the US ambassador to Libya along with three other consulate staff members were killed in Benghazi after a group of angry demonstrators reportedly attacked the consulate building over the insulting film.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that the blasphemous movie is called Innocence of Muslims and has been produced by the Israeli-American Sam Bacile who is a real estate developer living in southern California and a sworn enemy of Islam.

The report added that, Bacile has assumed responsibility for the film, which he said was made thanks to Jewish donations totaling USD 5 million.

TNP/AZ
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Society
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2012 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy