Thursday Aug 25, 201108:36 AM GMT
Three Gazans killed in Israeli strikes
Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46AM
Share | Email | Print
At least two people have been killed and 20 more wounded in a new Israeli strike on the northern Gaza Strip while another Gazan died of injuries from an earlier attack.


The incident occurred when Israeli warplanes bombarded the northern Gaza Strip city of Beit Lahiya in the early hours of Thursday local time, a Press TV correspondent reported.

Palestinian medical sources said there were seven children and seven women among those injured in the attack.

Earlier, Israeli forces launched a separate airstrike on the Palestinian tunnels in the southern city of Rafah, near the Egyptian border.

Reports said the attack left four people critically wounded and that seven others had went missing after the strike.

Meanwhile, a Gazan wounded in an earlier attack succumbed to his injures, to take to six the number of Palestinians killed in Israel's airstrikes in the last 24 hours.

On Wednesday, a 20-year old man was killed hours after an Israeli missile targeted a top member of the Islamic Jihad Movement while he was in his car in Rafah.

Israel stepped up its latest airstrikes on the Gaza Strip last Thursday, shortly after eight people were killed near Israel's Red Sea resort town of Eilat.

Israeli officials blamed the Gaza-based Popular Resistance Committee (PRC) for Thursday's attack and vowed a “full force” response targeting Gaza.

But the PRC, which is not affiliated with the Hamas government in Gaza, denied involvement in the multiple attacks.

Hamas has said that it had nothing to do with the assault and has warned against any act of aggression against the Palestinian enclave.

MRS/MGH
Related Stories:
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Middle East
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2011 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy