Friday Dec 23, 201107:17 PM GMT
'Bahrain Dialogue doomed from outset'
Fri Jul 8, 2011 4:41PM
Share | Email | Print
The “national dialogue” in Bahrain will not bear fruit, as it fails to address the demands of the people and does not host the necessary parties, says an analyst.


Saeed al-Shahabi, a Bahrain Freedom Movement activist, in an interview with Press TV elaborated on the reasons for the continuing demonstrations in Bahrain despite the ongoing “national dialogue” efforts.

“I think the protests are continuing because the underlying causes are still there; dictatorship is still there, the ruling family's aggression and repression has never ceased, the leaders of the revolution are behind bars and are being humiliated and tortured...,” he said.

He downplayed the prospect of success for the “national dialogue,” which is currently being held between the government and the opposition, saying, “It is doomed from the very first day of its initiation.”

Al-Shahabi said the demands of the people and the presence of the involved parties are prerequisites for a successful dialogue.

“None of these conditions is present in what's going on in Manama now.”

The Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates forces deployed in Bahrain have failed to quell the nationwide protests, in the Persian Gulf Sheikhdom.

According to Bahrain Center for Human Rights, there are currently over 1,000 political detainees, including medical staff, inside the country.

Scores of protesters have been killed -- many under torture -- and numerous others detained and transferred to unknown locations during the regime's brutal onslaught on protesters.

HMV/HGH/MMN
Related Stories:
Comments
Add Comment Click Here
Latest From Middle East
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
  • Today
  • Last Week
  • Last Month
Follow Us
© Copyright 2011 Press TV. All rights reserved. | About PressTV | Contact Us | Frequencies | Privacy Policy