'US, UK behind Chabahar terror attack'
Iranian lawmaker Alaeddin Boroujerdi
Senior Iranian lawmaker Alaeddin Boroujerdi has said the US and UK are involved in the recent terrorist attack in the southeastern city of Chabahar.
“Past experience has proven that the US and UK intelligence services are behind crimes such as the Wednesday morning crime in Chabahar,” head of the Parliament (Majlis) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission said.
“Iran is faced with a very complicated security situation today,” he added.
“The people must come to the aid of intelligence and security organizations, in particular the Intelligence Ministry, and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and the Iranian police must act according to the complexity of this situation.”
At least 33 people, including women and children, were killed and almost 83 others were wounded in an attack which occurred at the Imam Hussein mosque in the southeastern Iranian city of Chabahar on Wednesday.
People were commemorating the martyrdom of the third Shia Imam.
Chabahar's Governor Ali Bateni said earlier that security forces arrested one of the three perpetrators of the terrorist attack, while the other two were shot.
Iranian Deputy Interior Minister Ali Abdollahi also said the Chabahar terrorist attack was supported by regional and US intelligence services.
“The equipment and backup of the terrorists behind the attack indicate that these individuals were supported by advanced regional and US intelligence services," IRNA quoted Abdollahi as saying.