Israeli military forces have shot and injured a Palestinian teenager in the Gaza Strip days after the regime’s air raids left two children dead in the besieged Palestinian enclave.
Palestinian sources said the unnamed 16-year-old Palestinian boy was collecting gravel east of Gaza City on Sunday morning, when Israeli troopers opened fire, Arabic-language Safa news agency reported.
Gaza's Health Ministry spokesman, Ashraf al-Qidra, said the boy was struck in the hand, describing his gunshot wounds as moderate.
Separately, Israeli soldiers standing on watchtowers overlooking Sufa kibbutz on the border between Israel and the Gaza Strip fired shots at Palestinian shepherds and workers and hurled smoke bombs at them. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
On Saturday, a six-year-old Palestinian girl, identified as Israa Abu Khussa, succumbed to grave injuries she sustained earlier in the day, when her home was struck in Israeli airstrike against northern Gaza Strip.
Her death came only hours after her 10-year-old brother, Yasin, was killed in the aerial attack and buried in al-Salatin cemetery.
This is while the occupied West Bank has been the scene of tensions escalated due to Israel’s imposition in August 2015 of restrictions on the entry of Palestinian worshipers into the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in East al-Quds (Jerusalem).
Al-Aqsa Mosque is the third holiest site in Islam after Masjid al-Haram in Mecca and Masjid al-Nabawi in Medina.
Nearly 200 Palestinians, including children and women, have lost their lives at the hands of Israeli forces since the beginning of last October.